Saturday 24 February 2018

Aging Gracefully

This weeks discussion topics are:

  1. Ageing
  2. Supplements
  3. Comparing toilets

  Ageing

 It is eighteen years since I came to Japan. I was thirty-six years old and believed that I was at my mental and physical peak, but I thought the same when I was twenty. Now that I am nearly fifty-five years old, how have I aged mentally and physically? I feel that I am as sharp minded as I was when I was twenty, but I know it is because I use my brain.  Every day I practice Japanese, play chess and try to learn something new. There is an English saying "use it or lose it"; I use my brain so it stays sharp. 
But physically I am not as fit as I was eighteen years ago, but that is more to do with lifestyle than ageing.  I could never be as fit as I was at twenty, but if I ate less, drank less and exercised more, I would be much healthier. 
I think there is one wonderful aspect to ageing, the thirty-six-year-old me, was much more mature, experienced and confident than the twenty-year-old . But the present me is the most mature, experienced and confident me, so far. 




                                                                               広告 

 私のグループレッスンの生徒と個人レッスンの生徒のために、このブログを作ています。もし京都で英語を勉強したかったら、連絡してください。個人レッスンはあなたのご希望の場所で6000円です。私の下京区のマンションで5000円です。もし友達と一緒にグループレッスンがしたかったら、1人毎月4回で5000円です。グループレッスンは3人から6人までです。場所は京都市国際交流会館ですが、あなたのご希望の場所でも大丈夫です。




rowan63japan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment